Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- For what it’s worth, Dave Meltzer speculated on Wrestling Observer Radio that Seth Rollins in his current run is supposed to be like Bret Hart was in 1997.
- He also said that Bobby Lashley may have a legitimate arm injury.
- According to ClickOrlando.com, funding has been approved to bring more WWE shows to Orlando, like SummerSlam and Survivor Series.
- Per PW Insider, Chris DeJoseph is done with MLW and will be re-signing with WWE.
- They also say WWE Network will no longer be doing weekly “Hidden Gems” but they could, and likely will, still use classic content in other ways.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.