Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Word coming out of the WWE house show in Hershey last night is Randy Orton suffered some sort of injury to his knee.
- Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Braun Strowman and Bayley vs. Lacey Evans are both looking likely for Royal Rumble, per the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
- Despite talk between Chris Jericho and Hiroshi Tanahashi of the latter coming to AEW to challenge for that title, there’s zero belief anything like that will happen.
- Marty Scurll has a ‘great offer’ from Ring of Honor to stay but The Observer notes there’s still no word on if that’s the case, even with the announcement of his headlining the Jan. 12 show in Concord.
- They also say there’s talk of ROH bringing back Shane Taylor.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.