Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Per WrestleVotes, the creative team at WWE was told to come up with ideas for The Usos, so they should be back soon.
- They also say that Survivor Series in 2020 is likely for Dallas, Texas, and Royal Rumble in 2021 is likely for Seattle, Washington.
- Votes also said there has been consideration within AEW of adding an authority figure on Dynamite but the Observer says there are no plans for that.
- Dash Wilder missed a house show, where it was said he wasn’t cleared, and also missed SmackDown, leading to the obvious talk that he’s injured. Per the Observer, though, he was expected to be cleared for SmackDown this week.
- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter notes that Samoa Joe’s last night on Monday Night Raw commentary was this past week, so someone new will be on next week.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.