Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The Observer notes that they “haven’t been told outright” that Brock Lesnar’s match at Royal Rumble will be for the WWE championship.
- They also say that as of right now neither Cain Velasquez nor Tyson Fury will be Lesnar’s opponent at WrestleMania 36.
- Daniel Bryan is expected to win the shot at Bray Wyatt and the Universal championship at Royal Rumble.
- Furthermore, The Miz is involved likely to take the fall to protect Baron Corbin from having to do so.
- Vince McMahon is “heavily behind” an Erick Rowan push, says the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.