Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- If WWE doesn’t go with Cain Velasquez as Brock Lesnar’s Royal Rumble opponent, it will likely be either Kevin Owens or Randy Orton.
- Regarding the report WWE plans to use The Revival as a comedy act, a source told WrestlingNews.co that that’s Vince McMahon’s plan for talents who don’t re-sign with WWE months before their contracts expire.
- The source also told the site McMahon “doesn’t see anything special in them” because he didn’t watch them in NXT and wasn’t a fan of the old school tag team wrestling their gimmick is based on.
- Seth Rollins’ heel turn was moved up due to his injury, per Sportskeeda’s Tom Colohue. It would have been teased out past TLC if he hadn’t hurt his hand.
- Time for Andrade push talk again! Wrestling Observer Newsletter says the goal of the Andrade/Humberto Carrillo feud is to get both wrestlers over.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.