Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WrestleVotes notes that John Cena wants to do “something substantial” at WrestleMania next year, and it would be “more than just an appearance.”
- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter notes that the plan for Becky Lynch vs. Asuka in early 2020 is something Paul Heyman made the call to do months ago.
- They also say part of why TLC didn’t have more matches was because WWE wanted to do a shorter PPV show, apparently in response to complaints about events running too long.
- Multiple sites, like Wrestling Observer and PW Insider, say WWE was interested in Kris Statlander before AEW came in and signed her.
- The Wrestling Observer notes that Colt Cabana did some dark match announcing for AEW and it looks like he could be signing there soon.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.