Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Dave Meltzer noted on Wrestling Observer Radio that right now Paul Heyman is trying to get people wins, and that’s why we’re seeing more short matches on Raw.
- He also said that Deonna Purrazzo’s appearance on Raw didn’t represent a call up but rather was a one time thing. Same for the NXT star who appears next week (spoilers here).
- Samoa Joe’s in-ring return is “imminent,” according to PW Insider.
- They also say there’s been talk within WWE of the next company sponsored podcast being centered around a female personality.
- Insider says Sin Cara is telling anyone trying to book him he doesn’t have a no compete clause with WWE right now and he’s close to signing a deal with AAA.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.