Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Kairi Sane is not cleared to wrestle after the TLC main event, according to Pro Wrestling Sheet.
- Sources told the site Sane was “knocked out” minutes into her match Sunday night, but didn’t have information about exactly when it happened or what her diagnosis is.
- Wrestling Observer states that while no one person was at fault, it’s “pretty much universally agreed that“ Sane’s injury situation “was handled poorly” while the match was going on. Post Wrestling specifically pointed out the lack of a clear concussion protocol so it’s not on wrestlers to make the call about stopping or changing a match.
- Those sites also reported that neither Vince McMahon or Triple H was in Minneapolis for the show.
- Both men called into the pre-production meetings, and Vince approved everything that was planned. The Observer says Paul Heyman was in charge at Gorilla for all the Raw matches while Bruce Prichard had the same role for SmackDown ones.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.