Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Per the Observer, the wrestlers who were recently released had no knowledge it was going to happen beforehand and were surprised by the announcements.
- It’s likely at least two more matches will be added to the TLC card before Sunday.
- WrestleVotes notes that NXT will have some kind of presence on the WrestleMania 36 card next year.
- Ryan Satin found a clip of Chris Jericho on Konnan’s podcast saying he called a meeting backstage at AEW where he called out the tag team division for not tagging in and out.
- According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, John Morrison has been at the WWE Performance Center filming things for his return.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.