Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Seth Rollins is cleared to wrestle with his broken pinky, WWE officials told Wrestling Observer.
- Which means a Rollins/Kevin Owens could be a late addition to the TLC card.
- At one point, plans called for Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson to challenge Viking Raiders on Sunday’s PPV.
- Back to Owens, Tom Colohue of SportsKeeda claims he was originally set to be drafted to SmackDown in October. When it became clear the pool was released in spoiler order, Paul Heyman called an audible to bring him to Raw because Heyman knew he could “do very good things with” KO.
- With injury time WWE added, Luke Harper’s contract would have been up on Mar. 25, per Wrestling Observer. With the 90 day non-compete, he’ll be free to wrestle elsewhere on Mar. 8. So the company granted him two-and-a-half weeks of early freedom.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.