Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- There’s been some talk of Roman Reigns vs. Baron Corbin headlining TLC.
- Dave Meltzer mentioned on Wrestling Observer Radio that if Braun Strowman’s injury isn’t too bad, they could shoot an angle leading to a match at TLC on SmackDown this week.
- Said match could very well be Strowman vs. Shinsuke Nakamura for the Intercontinental title, as that’s a planned direction.
- Meltzer also said that while there’s been talk of more releases from WWE, they’ve also gone back-and-forth on it, so there may not be any more.
- The Observer notes WWE’s Tribute to the Troops will not air on television this year.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.