Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Braun Strowman missed this weekend’s house shows due to a back issue, according to PW Insider. Wrestling Observer says the official word is a sore hip, but it’s actually back spasms. It’s not considered serious and he should be back in action soon.
- If you’re wondering when you’ll next be able to see Luke Harper wrestle, WWE confirmed to The Observer the talent released on Sunday are under 90 day non-competes.
- Future releases could come from NXT, per Fightful’s sources. They’ll happen in January or February if they do.
- There’s not expected to be any more fallout from the Corey Graves/Mauro Ranallo Twitter issue, as a source told PW Insider Elite Vince McMahon “loves Corey Graves”.
- On Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer said Oney Lorcan had not signed his new WWE contract when he tweeted about it on Saturday, but he is officially sticking around.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.