Don’t have time to follow all of AEW’s online content? Don’t worry. We got you covered with the AEW Rewind, which will rewind through social media bits and YouTube videos from the past week to prepare you for Dynamite tonight.
Alex Marvez provided an injury update for Dustin Rhodes after the heinous attack from Jake Hager. Rhodes suffered a radius fraction in his left forearm. It normally takes one month to recover.
.@alexmarvez with a medical update on @dustinrhodes pic.twitter.com/7FtLRX2vXT— All Elite Wrestling (@AEWrestling) October 31, 2019
We were provided a glimpse backstage of new tag champs, Frankie Kazarian and Scorpio Sky, as they got name plates on the belts, had a photo shoot, and received a congratulatory phone call from Christopher Daniels. There wasn’t much story development other than personal motivations, but it was neat to see their joy and happiness.
It seems Orange Cassidy has a new celebrity fan, comedian Chris D’Elia.
There is nothing in this world Chris D’Elia likes more than this clip. I need you all to understand this.— Chris D'Elia (@chrisdelia) November 4, 2019
The referenced clip is Cassidy diving on the Dark Order at All Out. This may even turn into a crossover gimmick with D’Elia in attendance.
Sounds good. You definitely can. Just don’t bring @BryanCallen at all. He will probably just feel up half the Men’s locker room and talk to them about science or something. #SnoreFest https://t.co/WpeKc14Rxa— All Elite Wrestling (@AEWrestling) November 4, 2019
If D’Elia gets involved in wrestling, then he better be careful of the Rat King.
For all those claiming a double standard from AEW fans toward WWE, Jack Evans has the scientific answer why it occurs.
This is a psychological phenomena called "The Evans Effect."— Jack Evans (@JackEvans711) October 28, 2019
When I am in the promotion, why complain? You're already getting more than you deserve. https://t.co/eNBJmu8aMi
Being the Elite
Being the Elite put out two episodes this week.
“An Elite Halloween Special” - Being The Elite, Ep. 177 (here) featured:
- A Toy Story inspired cartoon with Hangman Page and Luchasaurus saving the day from evil Kenny Omega. My favorite parts were Omega sticking up Dave Meltzer for stars and Chris Jericho being there for the bubbly.
- Matt Jackson tried burning a Young Bucks t-shirt, but it resurrected itself and appeared throughout in haunting fashion. Matt entered into fits of hysteria over the shirt that only he could see. Merch freak.
- Private Party dressed as Spider-man for Halloween.
- Hangman Page was consoled about his dead horse by various wrestlers in backstage. Chuck Taylor sent a “typo” text saying he killed Page’s horse. Taylor helped Page contact the horse by acting as psychic medium for a haunted vision. Old age killed the horse. At the end, Taylor turned around wearing a horse head mask.
- Kenny Omega talked to Matt Jackson about wanting a virtual reality video game. They put on neural cortex devices and plugged in. Matt fought as himself, while Kenny played as Nick Jackson. Kenny (Nick) won round 1. Matt won round 2. Kenny was turned on by the activity. Kenny (Nick) got Matt in top position then tried to kiss him. Matt exited the game. Kenny woke up with a wet dream.
“This Ain’t Water” - Being The Elite, Ep. 178 (here) featured:
- The Young Bucks littered a water bottle to see if referee Rick Knox would pick it up. Knox stepped on the bottle and said he doesn’t care anymore. Private Party was drinking a clear liquid but it wasn’t water.
- Justin Roberts practiced saying Naka-Naka-Naka-Nakazawa.
- The Best Friends were backstage after their win still in Rick and Morty costumes. Trent was upset about being Morty. Up walked Jerry Lynn dressed as Orange Cassidy.
- Frankie Kazarian was dressed as Vincent Vega from Pulp Fiction. He riffed on the royale with cheese speech. Christopher Daniels came over as the Uma Thurman character from the same film. The two recreated the dance scene. Scorpio Sky walked up for a Ron Simmons “Damn!” impression at the sight of those two boogying down.
- The librarians justified their losing records by comparing to golf. The lower the number, the better they are doing.
Shot of Brandi
Episode 21 of Brandi Rhodes’ cooking show featured MJF. That is all you need to know to make it must-see. It is actually from two weeks ago, but who am I to pass up a serving of MJF?
MJF kept the zingers flying as they made margaritas and stuffed mushrooms. Highlights include MJF breaking character by laughing at the overabundance of salt on the margarita glass, giggling at unintended innuendo every time Brandi said stuff the mushroom, talk of MJF’s dating life with heavy bleep editing, truth or dare, and MJF reading the measuring cup.
It is definitely worth watching at your leisure. Enjoy.
We’ll close with Jim Ross, Tony Schiavone, and Excalibur calling a scene from The Dark Knight.
SOUND ON @JRsBBQ, @ShutUpExcalibur, and @tonyschiavone24 call The Dark Knight pic.twitter.com/1t8kbW4nDB— All Elite Wrestling on TNT (@AEWonTNT) November 1, 2019
Are you down for a Chris D’Elia cameo with Orange Cassidy in AEW? What was your favorite moment from Being the Elite? What other shows should MJF be a guest on?