Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- For whatever it’s worth, the Observer says Bray Wyatt is now the top merchandise seller in WWE.
- In the latest issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, it’s pointed out that there were many within WWE who felt Corey Graves was the victim after his tweets about Mauro Ranallo led to Mauro taking time off.
- They also say the original plan for Shayna Baszler going into Survivor Series was to groom her for Becky Lynch and have her on the main roster in 2020.
- EC3 has been out due to a concussion he suffered in September, according to Dave Meltzer.
- He also says the idea behind doing TakeOver shows on Sundays is to experiment with it to see how it does viewership wise.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.