Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Dave Meltzer noted on Wrestling Observer Radio that Mauro Ranallo has been in rough shape and it’s probably worse than has been stated so far.
- Cain Velasquez hasn’t been advertised for the Mexico house shows on some commercials, leading to speculation he may not be working the show after all.
- Damian Priest apparently suffered a rib injury at TakeOver: WarGames.
- Tweets from an account claiming to be associated with WWE putting out rumors appear to be fraudulent, as exposed by Kristen Ashly.
- The word going around is the Joey Janela frustration with AEW stuff is an angle.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.