Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to Pro Wrestling Sheet, Corey Graves saw his tweets criticizing Mauro Ranallo as part of the Survivor Series “brand warfare” and was going to bring them up “in a joking manner” while working with Ranallo on the PPV.
- WWE found out Ranallo wouldn’t be working this week’s NXT on Tuesday, per PW Insider.
- Before Survivor Series, WrestlingNews.co said their sources told them Vince McMahon was “a fan of Keith Lee & Matt Riddle”. Coming out of Sunday’s show, the site reports backstage was buzzing about Lee in particular.
- PW Insider says Bobby Fish was pulled from last night’s NXT Tag Title match because officials were concerned he’d been “hurt or knocked for a loop”, but he was walking around backstage after the show and seemed to be okay.
- DVR numbers for NXT and Dynamite are “shockingly good”, says Dave Meltzer of Wrestling Observer Radio, which mean a lot more people are watching Wednesday night wrestling than the next day ratings indicate.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.