Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Wrestling Observer’s Bryan Alvarez claims Mauro Ranallo missing Survivor Series was a result of Corey Graves’ Twitter criticism.
- In an Instagram post Kylie Rae addressed her departure from AEW, which has been the focus of a lot of gossip on social media. The indie star shot down the rumors, stating “nobody made me leave.”
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer said TakeOver: Portland (and NXT UK’s TakeOver: Blackpool 2) are on Sunday so WWE Network can test their “belief” shows get more viewers on Sundays than Saturdays.
- Meltzer also noted Shayna Baszler is “wanted on the main roster”, but “the dynamic has changed greatly” with NXT on USA opposite AEW.
- Timing issues led to SmackDown going off air before the planned ending, per Fightful. Mustafa Ali tweeted the spot that was supposed to end the broadcast on Fox.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.