Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The idea is to go back to the hard brand split right after Survivor Series, per Wrestling Observer Radio.
- Despite 205 Live not airing a new episode this week on the WWE Network, the word going around is that it’s not cancelled and this was just for this week.
- Per PW Insider, WWE will be going back to Madison Square Garden on March 22, 2020, but there are no other pro wrestling dates currently contracted for the venue, from WWE or otherwise.
- Marty Scurll will work Final Battle on Dec. 13, even though his contract expires prior to that, says the Observer. His working the show does not mean he’s signed there.
- The NWA wanted to keep Jim Cornette but wanted him to apologize immediately before taking a hiatus, according to the Observer. They also note there were “other issues” involved but that was the key issue.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.