Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- There aren’t expected to be any title changes at Survivor Series, and both title programs will likely go all the way up to, and possibly through, Royal Rumble.
- Cain Velasquez has been working out at the WWE Performance Center this week, says PW Insider. It’s thought to be in preparation for his match at the upcoming house show in Mexico.
- Per the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, there are talks of cutting back NXT house shows in 2020.
- The Observer notes that the NWA let Jim Cornette go in large part because he wouldn’t apologize for the offensive remarks that were edited out of the latest episode of NWA Powerrr.
- ROH gave a statement to PW Insider that they didn’t fire Kelly Klein but simply won’t be renewing her contract. The site says that contract is up on Dec. 31, 2019.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.