Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WrestleMania 36 plans call for Bray Wyatt to be in one of the main event matches, according to WrestlingNews.co’s sources, so don’t expect a title change at Survivor Series.
- That site also says WWE plans to start building Roman Reigns up to the main event, and his name has been mentioned as a challenger for The Fiend at WrestleMania.
- Her tag partner might be considering leaving, but Dave Meltzer said on Wrestling Observer Radio that Asuka is very happy in the U.S. and he’s “heard no rumblings whatsoever” that she might leave.
- Randy Orton’s contract talks started in the spring, but WWE kept pushing meetings back as it was not a “high priority” according to Fightful. Orton told Corey Graves on After The Bell that he never seriously considering leaving, so that might be why WWE’s wasn’t concerned.
- Dio Maddin is still part of the Raw announce team, per PW Insider. He’s just off selling Brock Lesnar’s attack.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.