December will be a busy month for AAA. They have the star-studded Triplemania Regia event on December 1 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, and now the full card has been announced for Guerra de Titanes on December 14 from Ciudad Madero, Tamaulipas.
- No Disqualification: Psycho Clown, Dr. Wagner Jr., & Drago vs Rush, Bestia del Ring, & Blue Demon Jr.
- Hair vs Hair: Big Mami vs Lady Maravilla
- Tag Team Championship: Fenix & Pentagon vs Angelico & Australian Suicide vs Hijo del Vikingo & a surprise luchador
- TLC Atomicos: Brian Cage, Puma King, Murder Clown, & Pagano vs Killer Kross, Taurus, Texano, & Chessman
- Lumberjack Match: Taya, Faby Apache, & Octagon Jr. vs Poder del Norte vs Abismo Negro Jr., Ayako Hamada, & Keyra
- Niño Hamburguesa, Mascarita Dorada, & Mr. Iguana vs Demus, Villano III Jr., & Latigo
- Aramis, Dinastia, & Octagoncito vs Mini Psycho Clown, Arez, & Parkita Negra
Well, Guerra de Titanes isn’t as strong a Triplemania Regia, but there are some solid bouts to look forward to.
Rush being in the main event is cool. Same for Rush’s papa, Bestia del Ring. The novelty of seeing them in AAA will not have worn off by then. Having Rush must be why the date changed from the 13th to the 14th. He will defend his ROH World Championship at Final Battle on Dec. 13.
It is nice to see Drago get a boost up to the main event, especially after losing the Latin America Championship to Daga at Héroes Inmortales XIII. The others in the match are AAA’s top guys. I don’t expect any extra story beyond the never-ending feud between Dr. Wagner Jr. and Blue Demon Jr.
The hair vs hair match is where it is at for me. Don’t expect a technical masterpiece between Big Mami and Lady Maravilla, but do expect over-the-top shenanigans that AAA has a way of pulling off in an exciting manner. Plus, Maravilla has nailed the role of hated villain in this feud to get fans emotionally invested in seeing her lose.
Surprisingly, Fenix and Pentagon won’t be defending their tag titles against Texano and Rey Escorpion, even though that looked to be the direction. Also surprising is the return of Angelico and that he won’t be teaming with Jack Evans. I expect the Lucha Bros to retain, but I wouldn’t be shocked if Hijo del Vikingo pulled the upset to boost his career even more. As for Vikingo’s surprise partner, I’d bet it to be either Laredo Kid or Myzteziz Jr. Both have been absent due to participating on an island game show for Mexican TV.
The rest of the card is hit or miss. You won’t be able to tell until the match is over. An eight-luchador TLC match has lots of room to be overloaded with activity. Multi-team lumberjack matches generally stink in AAA. There are too many people involved and the lumberjacks usually prevent high-flying spots to the outside. The bottom two matches will probably be enjoyable but not at a show-stealing level.
Do you like the card for AAA’s Guerra de Titanes? Which match excites you most?