Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The Observer says there were “a ton of issues” and “uncertainty” with the wrestlers stemming from this tour, and many wrestlers are apparently saying they won’t go back but WWE wants to keep the deal with Saudi Arabia alive.
- Sean Ross Sapp mentioned there are “rumors among talent that Vince McMahon got in some kind of disagreement in Saudi Arabia.” No word on what that could be.
- Meanwhile, Wade Keller said the wrestlers were speculating there was something more than mechanical issues going on that was keeping them from leaving.
- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter says the reason the Brock Lesnar vs. Cain Velasquez match was so short and featured so little action was because they wanted to protect Velasquez’s knee, which he’ll likely be getting surgery on.
- They also say that originally WWE was going to have Tyson Fury wrestle Lesnar but that changed when it was clear they were getting Velasquez.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.