Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to WrestleVotes, there was a push backstage to put Triple H on NXT’s men’s team at Survivor Series, but it was met by mixed reactions. Triple H himself is said to be against the idea.
- Rey Mysterio could leave WWE in April 2020 via an opt out clause WrestlingNews.co says he has in his contract. But since WWE has plans for his son, Dominick, it’s not expected he’ll leave.
- Plans for Cain Velasquez on WWE’s Mexico City house show have changed again. He’s back to being listed for a match, teaming with Humberto Carrillo against Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows.
- Cody Rhodes recently filed for a trademark on “The Match Beyond,” which has led to speculation AEW will use his father’s War Games concept under that old nickname for the gimmick.
- Aliyah’s injury from last week’s NXT was a work to cover for an upcoming surgery, per Wrestling Observer Radio.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.