Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Cain Velasquez’s offer from WWE was actually pulled when word got out about it early last week, according to Wrestling Observer Radio’s Dave Meltzer. But given his appearance on Friday, it’s almost certain he’s signed, despite what he told ESPN.
- On Observer Radio, it was also mentioned that Tyson Fury vs. Braun Strowman will likely join Velasquez vs. Brock Lesnar on the Oct. 31 Saudi Arabia card.
- Last week’s Observer Newsletter had some numbers for recent WWE re-signings. Braun Strowman is guaranteed $1.2 million annually on his new deal. Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson will each make $700K per year on their new contracts after turning down offers for $500K.
- Scarlett Bordeaux has signed with WWE, says Squared Circle Sirens.
- She won’t be competing in the third Mae Young Classic, at least not in early November. The NXT ticket site briefly advertised the return of the women’s tournament on Nov. 2 - 3 at Full Sail, but WWE told Fightful it was a mistake.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.