Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Dave Meltzer mentioned on Wrestling Observer Radio that the Royal Rumble card was originally going to feature Ronda Rousey vs. Charlotte Flair but that was changed to Rousey vs. Sasha Banks.
- The reason for the change? Rousey vs. Flair vs. Becky Lynch is under consideration for WrestleMania 35.
- Sticking with Meltzer, he also says Kenny Omega is likely to sign with AEW and while WWE really wanted him, it was always likely he was going to AEW.
- Omega is so important to New Japan Pro Wrestling they are now considering working with AEW so they don’t lose him. No matter what, though, they plan to get Will Ospreay, Zack Sabre Jr., Jay White, and Juice Robinson even stronger.
- Kota Ibushi’s stretcher job was a work but the concussion was not, says the Observer.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!