Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Tokyo Sports is saying Kenny Omega has decided to leave New Japan Pro Wresting for either WWE or AEW.
- WWE has done everything they can to sign Kenny Omega, per WrestleVotes. The word going around is the company offered him a LOT of money.
- AEW offered contracts to Pentagon and Fenix over the past two weeks and, in response, Impact Wrestling offered big six-figure deals, according to Wrestling News World.
- That said, AEW apparently then tripled that offer because they want to have both at the rally in Jacksonville.
- According to PW Insider, Matt Sydal has a knee injury and that’s why he’s pulled out of some bookings.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!