Here's a place to check results and comment along with New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW)'s New Year Dash!! - happening Saturday, January 5, 2019 from Korakuen Hall. The show will air live during the early morning hours for United States audiences, with a replay available an hour after the main show wraps.
NJPW has their own, WWE Network like streaming service, New Japan World which can be subscribed to worldwide and that will broadcast the show. You can access NJW at this link. At current exchange rate, the service is slightly less than $9 per month, and NJPW has Kevin Kelly, Don Callis, and Chris Charlton to provide English commentary on the World service.
That leaves the time difference from Tokyo as the major challenge. With a bell time of 6:30PM in Japan, the broadcast will start at 4:30AM Eastern / 1:30AM Pacific time in the United States.
It should be worth waking up at butt o’clock, however. New Year Dash!! is perhaps most easily described as New Japan’s version of the Raw after WrestleMania— everybody that was on Wrestle Kingdom should be in attendance, you get some unusual matchups out of it, and ideally a big angle or two to boot. And, to add a little more excitement to the mix, the card will be kept secret until the show begins, although given the graphic used to promote the show and the #1 contender’s match on the undercard of WK13, it’s a safe bet that Bullet Club will be defending their NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Championship.
Use this space to discuss the show before, during (whenever you watch) and after with the best pro wrestling community on the internet, and we'll update the results as we have them.
- Roppongi 3K (Rocky Romero, SHO, & YOH) over Suzuki-gun (Davey Boy Smith, Jr., Lance Archer, & Takashi Iizuka)
- Chase Owens & Yujiro Takahashi over Toa Henare & Tomoaki Honma
- FinJuice (David Finlay & Juice Robinson) over Best Friends (Beretta & Chuckie T) by disqualification
- Chaos (Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii, & Will Ospreay) over Jeff Cobb, KUSHIDA, & Yuji Nagata.
- Bullet Club (Taiji Ishimori, Tama Tonga, & Tanga Loa) (c) over Most Violent Players (Togi Makabe & Toru Yano) & Ryusuke Taguchi to retain the NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Championship.
- Suzuki-gun (El Desperado, Minoru Suzuki, Taichi, Yoshinobu Kanemaru, & Zack Sabre, Jr.) over Los Ingobernables de Japon (BUSHI, EVIL, SANADA, Shingo Takagi, & Tetsuya Naito)
- Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Gedo, & “Switchblade” Jay White) over Chaos (Kazuchika Okada & YOSHI-HASHI) & Hiroshi Tanahashi