Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Jim Ross and Chris Jericho will be very involved with All Elite Wrestling, according to sources of rajah.com.
- Those sources also say AEW will “go hard” after WWE talent and other personnel. The promotion will feature a mix of younger wrestlers and legends, with Goldberg being a name on their wish list.
- Tony Khan, who rajah says is fronting the $100 million launch of the company, is using his media connections to try and secure a TV contract. They’re supposedly talking to Time Warner about getting on TBS/TNT.
- On Wrestling Observer’s Filthy Four Daily with Tom Lawlor, Bryan Alvarez said Vince McMahon is considering “switching up The New Day again”. He did caution that he’s thought about this in the past before deciding not to change the act, but was considering “doing something different” with the trio as recently as last week.
- There was some talk of Anthem selling Impact to AEW, but All Elite passed on the deal according to Wrestling Observer Newsletter. That report has led to speculation WWE’s meeting with Impact execs last summer also involved talk of a sale.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!