Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Alexa Bliss refuted reports that it was her idea to do the bit with someone walking in on her in her dressing room by tweeting that the story was “false.” She did delete the tweet not long after.
- Dave Meltzer mentioned on Wrestling Observer Radio that the original plan seemed to be to have Lars Sullivan injure John Cena and that would explain his absence going forward. He may not work either of the two shows after Royal Rumble and before WrestleMania 35.
- He also said WWE has been telling its tag teams they will be promoting the division more.
- Per PW Insider, Sin Cara has been at the Performance Center working toward his return and there’s been talk of putting him with Rey Mysterio on SmackDown when he comes back.
- Insider also says Mike and Maria Kanellis have been pulled from the road by WWE or, at the very least, not scheduled.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.