Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Early indications are John Cena’s injury is likely kayfabe. PW Insider says he’s filming his next movie from Feb. 4 - April 1.
- No surprise, but according to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, WWE is trying to control the narrative about wrestlers wanting to leave the company. They want to maintain “the perception that they are the... major league and everything is indies.”
- An email from WWE Network promoting the addition of Superstars to the service listed Undertaker as a Hall of Famer, and sparked a round of talk that he’ll headline the 2019 class. WWE has since corrected and re-sent the email.
- Last Monday’s dressing room segment with Alexa Bliss was her idea, says Ryan Satin of Wrestling Sheet Radio. Bliss envisioned it as a tribute to Trish Stratus, based on similar scenes from Stratus’ heyday.
- According to NFL reporter Ian Rappaport, WrestleMania 33 Kickoff star Rob Gronkowski is considering retiring from the New England Patriots after the Super Bowl, but will likely pursue a movie career over a WWE one.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.