Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Braun Strowman was not pulled from the Universal title match at Royal Rumble due to his injury, according to Wrestling Observer.
- Furthermore, that site says changing Brock Lesnar’s opponent “was always the plan”. [Editor’s note: There’s more from the Observer and PWInsider on this here]
- WWE is talking to Dave Bautista about a “major” match at WrestleMania 35, says Slice Wrestling.
- Per WrestleVotes, Lars Sullivan didn’t leave Raw in Orlando last Monday as was previously reported. He was scheduled to be there but never showed. Rajah.com says his debut is scheduled for next Monday, but all plans involving Lars are in “serious jeopardy” due to his absence and lack of communication with WWE.
- Chris Sabin and Flip Gordon both suffered knee injuries at last weekend’s shows. The extent of Gordon’s injury isn’t known yet, but the Observer says Sabin is believed to have torn his ACL.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.