Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Charlotte Flair or Becky Lynch is likely to win the women’s Royal Rumble, according to the Observer.
- PW Insider says Heavy Machinery, EC3, Nikki Cross, and Lacey Evans are all expected to be at both Raw and SmackDown Live this week, so it’s again possible any or all of them debut.
- Per the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Luke Harper hasn’t been cleared to wrestle after surgery and his recovery “was harder than expected” but he’s almost ready to return.
- There is apparently nothing to rumors of a WWE Network price hike anytime soon, says PW Insider.
- The Observer says there is talk of Tino Sabbatelli trying out for an announcer spot due to his injury issues.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.