Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Local advertising is listing Shawn Michaels as the special guest referee for Super Show-Down’s Undertaker vs. Triple H match, per Wrestling Observer Live listeners in Australia.
- Nia Jax was at the Performance Center this week for physical therapy on her leg, according to PW Insider. Jax has denied being injured, but hasn’t wrestled since July.
- Little Caesars Arena in Detroit is advertising “special Friday edition of Monday Night Raw” for Dec. 28, 2018. Insider says this will air as a taped show on New Year’s Eve, which falls on a Monday. Wrestler Observer says WWE’s schedule indicates the Christmas Eve Raw, and the Christmas & New Year’s Day SmackDown episodes will be pre-taped, as well.
- Attendance at this week’s SmackDown wasn’t great, based on some fan reports from Detroit which said about 40% of the arena was tarped off.
- Several sources noted James Ellsworth was backstage with WWE on Tuesday in order to film for a special focused on the company’s women’s roster.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!