Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- In addition to the tag belts which have been rumored for a while, Barnburner’s Fired Up podcast says a secondary singles belt will be introduced for WWE’s Women’s roster by early 2019.
- WWE likely didn’t know, and aren’t happy, about Chris Jericho appearing on ALL IN, according to PW Insider.
- Insider also says Jericho’s appearance had nothing to do with Impact, and he’s not agreed to work there. The ALL IN appearance was to promote his cruise and prove he can go anywhere.
- There’s lots of speculation the sudden pairing of Bobby Roode and Chad Gable is a set-up for Roode turning heel. After feuding with Roode, there’s talk of reuniting Gable with Jason Jordan when he’s finally cleared to return.
- Renee Young got the call to announce Raw because Johnathan Coachman again had a commitment with Golf Channel. There are still no plans to add her to the desk permanently, but officials remain pleased with her performance there.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!