Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- There continues to be talk of The Rock vs. Roman Reigns at WrestleMania 35, and the Wrestling Observer Newsletter indicates that could just depend on Rock’s schedule.
- Cesaro & Sheamus are expected to win the SmackDown tag team tournament to earn the next shot at The New Day.
- Per the Observer, the WWE Evolution event still hasn’t sold out and hasn’t been a big success to this point, at least as far as ticket sales go.
- According to Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez on Wrestling Observer Radio, the main event six-man tag match at ALL IN was supposed to be 28 minutes and was cut to 12 after both the Hangman Page vs. Joey Janela and Marty Scurll vs. Kazuchika Okada went long.
- Per PW Insider, Chris Jericho was snuck into the building during the Cody vs. Nick Aldis match and hid until it was time for his segment.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!