Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Sarah Logan and Ruby Riott “‘looked’ to be unhappy” backstage after the match where Liv Morgan was injured by Brie Bella’s kicks, according to Fightful. The site also says Brie “repeatedly” apologized to Morgan and there’s doesn’t appear to be an issue between them.
- Chris Jericho’s return to New Japan is expected to come at November’s Power Struggle show where EVIL will get an Intercontinental title shot.
- A fan who attended Raw in Denver claimed security confiscated his “Roman Sucks” sign.
- Attendance at this Tuesday’s SmackDown wasn’t great. There were said to be a lot of empty seats on the hard camera side of Pepsi Center, but WWE officials are reportedly not concerned.
- Twitter user BeltFanDan reports WWE did commission designs for cruiserweight tag belts, but they’ve been “completely scrapped because of how 205 Live is doing.”
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!