Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Sasha Banks, who WWE recently announced was injured, didn’t work weekend house shows and isn’t advertised for Raw this week. Still no word on what her ailment is but it appears there are no plans for her in the short term.
- This Paige tweet is again driving speculation of the arrival of women’s tag team championships being introduced soon.
- The WWE U.K. show could be airing on Wednesdays on the Network, says the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Further, Jim Smallman and the Progress crew could end up running the U.K. shows.
- The Observer says Yoshi-Hashi was taken to the hospital after the New Japan Destruction in Kobe show but word is he’s okay.
- Joey Janela was injured during a match this past weekend and it could put him out of action for a while.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!