Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Per PW Insider, Shawn Michaels will return to Raw on Oct. 1 in Seattle to promote Super Show-Down and, beyond that, his coming out of retirement to wrestle again.
- Speaking of which, the Wrestling Observer Newsletter indicates the money for the Saudi Arabia show is likely what has driven the decision for Michaels to come out of retirement and, for that matter, for Brock Lesnar to return for another match.
- The Observer says the meeting between WWE and Impact officials recently was one that WWE requested and “there was said to be no substantial news out of it,” at least so far.
- While it appeared as though WWE did an injury angle for Jeff Hardy at Hell in a Cell, the Observer notes he’s confirmed to be working house shows this weekend.
- WrestleVotes notes that WWE will try to sign Pentagon when he becomes available, whenever that may be.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!