Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- More following yesterday’s update on Fenix and Pentagon Jr.’s futures, PW Insider says they’re locked into a Lucha Underground non-compete until 2020, so there’s no chance of them heading to WWE until that’s up.
- There’s no timetable for Jason Jordan to return to the ring, and it’s possible his wrestling career is over. Insider says his neck “was a lot worse than they thought it was gonna be” when it was first evaluated.
- Now that they’ve locked in lucrative TV deals, PW Insider reports WWE is “approaching a lot of talents and trying to sign them to longer-term deals”.
- Amanpreet Singh Randhawa (former TNA wrestler Mahabali Shera) is no longer in WWE after only about six months in developmental, according to multiple sites.
- WWE has been scouting Mexican indie star Bandido and is very interested in signing him.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!