Welcome to the weekly Rumor Look Back, where we look at the rumors from six months ago and see which played out as originally predicted. Let’s jump right into it.
- It’s looking like Kurt Angle will be Ronda Rousey’s partner for her WrestleMania match against Triple H and Stephanie McMahon.
- This is how it went. It was a very good match. (1/1)
- Along with rumors of AJ Styles moving to Raw after WrestleMania, it seems Seth Rollins is a top candidate to head to SmackDown in a potential draft.
- Both stayed on their respective brands. (0/2)
- A photo UFC president Dana White tweeted showing him with Brock Lesnar has increased speculation Lesnar will not re-sign with WWE when his current contact expires in a few months.
- Well, he re-signed to some degree because he worked after WrestleMania. Though now it looks like he’s gone for ab it. (0/1)
- Interestingly, this comes at the same time bodyslam.net reported Bobby Lashley, who previously was rumored for a match with Brock, has reached an agreement to return to WWE.
- Lashley is back in the WWE. (1/1)
- Another social media post, this one from Johnny Impact/Mundo, apparently spoiled the next move of another former WWE star. Pro Wrestling Sheet says Jack Swagger has agreed to join Lucha Underground’s season four cast.
- Swagger is in Lucha Underground currently. (1/1)
- While there’s still no reporting on the nature of Brock Lesnar’s absence, there is talk from WrestleVotes of portions of last night’s Raw being re-written “very late”.
- I don’t know how much of the “Brock didn’t show up” was work and how much was true. My feeling is most of it was a work to really set up him as the guy who doesn’t give a damn going into WrestleMania.
- Expanding on his earlier report about Stephanie McMahon and Ronda Rousey, Dave Meltzer said on Wrestling Observer Radio WWE wants to make Ronda a “Stone Cold” babyface to Steph’s “Vince” heel authority figure.
- It’s not to that degree, but it has some of those beats so I’m going to mark this as correct. (1/1)
- It’s believed WWE is considering having John Cena challenge Shinsuke Nakamura at Fastlane, possibly with Nakamura’s WWE title shot on the line.
- John Cena was part of the six pack challenger at Fastlane. Nakamura went over Rusev. (0/1)
- WWE is currently planning a one-on-one match between Asuka and Alexa Bliss for the Raw Women’s title at WrestleMania, says PWInsider.
- They had Charlotte vs. Asuka instead. (0/1)
- According to bodyslam.net’s sources, “everyone” involved in SmackDown “knows it’s not good”.
- The viewers did too.
- WrestleVotes is saying the John Cena vs. Undertaker feud will take place on SmackDown Live leading up to WrestleMania 34.
- It was a Raw build, thought Undertaker was never on TV for it. Cena did his build on Raw. (0/1)
- That said, Justin Barrasso of SI is saying Rey Mysterio was finalizing a deal with WWE at SmackDown last night and he is now rumored to be wrestling Cena at WrestleMania 34.
- Rey Mysterio is still not in WWE. He was ALL IN yesterday. (0/1)
- According to Wrestling Observer Radio, there is at least some concern over the Brock Lesnar situation and Braun Strowman is the back up plan in the event something happens.
- Interesting. I wonder if this was something leaked to the sheets to help push that story.
- WWE originally planned to have Asuka choose her WrestleMania 34 opponent on Raw this week but it was, obviously, changed, according to Wrestling Observer Radio.
- She eventually chose Charlotte after the Queen won her match at Fastlane.
- PW Insider notes that Kane was backstage at Raw this week and is scheduled for house shows in March.
- According to cagematch, this looks to be correct. (1/1)
- Regarding his being scheduled but not appearing on Raw this past Monday, Brock Lesnar is over his contractually-required number of dates, according to Sports Illustrated, and “far more interested in discussing his next contract than being a team player on his prior deal”.
- Sometimes, the behind the scenes stuff with Brock is more interesting than the on-screen events.
- SI also claims the plan for the Intercontinental title at WrestleMania is now a fiveway match with Miz, Finn Balor, Seth Rollins, Elias and Braun Strowman.
- It was only a triple threat. Elias and Braun weren’t in it. (0/1)
- On Wrestling Observer Live, Bryan Alvarez said he’s heard WWE may not have an Andre The Giant Memorial at WrestleMania 34. Instead there’s talk of a women’s battle royal.
- They had both. (1/2)
- Not surprising, but Dave Meltzer wrote at MMAFighting.com that WWE has decided to use Kurt Angle as Ronda Rousey’s partner against Triple H and Stephanie McMahon at WrestleMania. It should be made official within the next few weeks.
- That’s how it went. (1/1)
- Per the site wrestlingnews.co, WWE is planning to run Sasha Banks vs. Bayley as one of four matches featuring women at WrestleMania 34.
- Nope. They were in the pre-show battle royal (0/1)
This week: 7/17 - 41%
February 2018: 41/69 - 59.4%
Overall: 2,349/4,250 - 55.3%
Have a great week, everyone!