Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Both Brock Lesnar’s return and the non-finish for Hell in a Cell’s main event were always the plan and not last minute additions or changes, per Wrestling Observer Radio.
- While it wasn’t how things played out at Hell in a Cell, according to Dave Meltzer on Observer Radio the plan for Becky Lynch’s SmackDown Women’s title win at Hell in a Cell was to “slowly turn Charlotte [Flair] babyface during the match” before “Becky [Lynch] screwed her and beat her for the title.”
- Sticking to that subject, a story in U.K. tabloid The Daily Star claimed pro-Becky signs were confiscated at Sunday’s PPV, but Fightful spoke to a fan who had “I Boo The Woo” signs taken who said it might have been because she brought a lot of the same sign and was handing them out in her section. The Observer got a comment from WWE which said they only would have taken them if they were blocking camera shots.
- A report from Barnburner’s Fired Up podcast that WWE’s talking to Cris Cyborg about facing Ronda Rousey at WrestleMania 35 was given a tiny bit more credence when Cyborg told ESPN’s Ariel Helwani she’d be interested and teased an announcement.
- WWE and New Japan are both interested in signing indie big man Brody King, says Observer Radio.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!