Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- There’s a lot of speculation, including from Bryan Alvarez on Wrestling Observer Radio, that we could see a double-turn in Hell in a Cell’s SmackDown women’s title match Sunday.
- Chris Jericho told Busted Open there’s a chance he’ll work the New Japan/ROH show at Madison Square Garden next WrestleMania weekend, turning up the volume on talk it’s just a matter of time before he works another non-WWE show in the U.S.
- On Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer clarified Mick Foley is not allowed to take any bumps while refereeing the Roman Reigns/Braun Strowman Cell match. A reason he was booked for the role was to promote the one-man show premiering on WWE Network immediately after the PPV.
- Carmella’s apparent face turn is for Mixed Match Challenge. It’s undecided at this point if she’ll remain paired with R-Truth or a babyface after they’re eliminated from the Facebook show.
- PW Insider is sticking to their story that Edge will appear on SmackDown 1000, saying the Hall of Famer only played coy with a fan on Twitter so WWE could announce it first.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!