Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Backstage sources told Fightful that Vince McMahon is very impressed with Andrade “Cien” Almas.
- Contrary to a report from earlier in the day, Edge says he isn’t booked for SmackDown 1000. Or at least not yet.
- WWE is hoping to make Evolution an annual event, says Barnburner’s Fired Up podcast.
- Meanwhile, Dave Meltzer writes in The Wrestling Observer Newsletter that while the Oct. 28 all-women’s PPV is still expected to sell out, “It’s not a hot ticket at all. It’s not a flop; but, it’s definitely weaker than probably any WWE pay-per-view in a long time.”
- According to PW Insider, WWE is looking at hosting a WrestleMania week event at Manhattan’s Lincoln Center next year.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!