Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Rey Mysterio told the Miami Herald nothing is official with him re-signing with WWE just yet but that is still expected to happen as early as next month.
- ROH COO Joe Koff told Post Wrestling that the Madison Square Garden show next April is currently at 60-percent sold just from the pre-sale.
- There’s plenty of speculation going around that with tickets moving so well, WWE will ramp up efforts to sign bigger independent stars who might otherwise appear on that show. That includes the likes of Kenny Omega and The Young Bucks.
- An advertisement now lists Jeff Hardy vs. Randy Orton for Hell in a Cell, though that could obviously change. AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe and Roman Reigns vs. Kevin Owens have previously been listed for that show as well.
- Brad Shepard says WWE waited too long to pick the city for WrestleMania 35 and they’re having problems finding a location for Axxess. They’ve apparently considered doing “multiple store locations or a smaller version” of it.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!