Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Lots of talk WWE has pivoted away from booking Becky Lynch as a heel, instead opting to let audiences decide how they want to react in her feud with Charlotte Flair. Bryan Alvarez discussed this on Wrestling Observer Live, saying her run-in and use of the word “bitch” on this week’s SmackDown were designed to get a pop.
- John Pollock of POST Wrestling said he was told “the idea now is much less of a heel/babyface dynamic and instead it’s two ex-friends that both have valid points and neither is going to back down from the other”. WWE still doesn’t want Charlotte seen as a villain, but isn’t going to force Becky into that role, either.
- WWE’s next show in Saudi Arabia will be on Fri., Nov. 2 according to PW Insider. It’s not known if it will be streamed on WWE Network.
- Insider has also posted on update on their recent Kurt Angle talk: his suspension is only storyline and there’s “no heat” on him, he’s training hard for an in-ring return but they have no confirmation on who his opponent or opponents will be.
- WWE is negotiating to get The Rock on SmackDown 1000, says Barnburner’s Fired Up podcast, and are “very very close” to getting him booked for the Oct. 16 show.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!