Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- There’s now a lot of doubt that either Undertaker or John Cena will be working the card at SummerSlam.
- The latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter says all indications are Brock Lesnar wants to continue signing short term deals because UFC and WWE are both coming into large sums of money. It best serves him to be a free agent as often as possible.
- Dean Ambrose is expected back shortly after SummerSlam.
- Per the Observer, Aleister Black is injured and had to get surgery, so he’ll be out for at least some time, though it’s unclear how long.
- That site also says WWE has said that its U.K. wrestlers can’t take any bookings up to a week prior to a WWE U.K. event.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!