Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to Barnburner’s Fired Up podcast, Kevin Owens could be a Paul Heyman guy when he’s brought back to TV.
- Wrestlevotes says Bray Wyatt is in line for a “slight refresh”. His character will largely be the same when he returns to TV, and he should get a push as a babyface singles act.
- While reporting he was backstage at Raw in Toronto, PW Insider speculated Kurt Angle will be back on television shortly. The site reiterated their previous report he’d be wrestling again soon, and thinks he’ll face Baron Corbin.
- Two producers brought into NXT from Impact, Jeremy Borash and James Long, will reportedly be on Triple H’s team when he some day inherits responsibility for all WWE creative from Vince McMahon, per Wrestling Observer.
- NXT UK competitors Travis Banks and Sam Gradwell are dealing with injuries and awaiting word on when they can return to the ring or next steps in treatment.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!