Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Just in case he doesn’t re-sign, WWE is trying to book all the Daniel Bryan “dream matches” before his contract is up, says Wrestling Standard.
- That site also says Miz will get involved in Team Hell No’s match at Extreme Rules to set-up Bryan vs. Miz at SummerSlam where if no new contract’s been signed, Miz will win a blow-off. If Bryan signs a deal to stay, they’ll have a longer feud.
- On The Board at F4WOnline.com, Dave Meltzer addressed a rumor about Nia Jax’s recent social media behavior toward Alexa Bliss (unfollowing her, liking negative comments directed at Bliss) saying it’s not a work and has resulted in Jax having “real-life heat” with WWE officials.
- According to PW Insider, WWE is considering Matt Cappotelli for the 2019 Warrior Award.
- Insider also says Impact officials are concerned about their U.S. television viewership. They’re allegedly specifically worried fans are watching YouTube highlights and skipping the Pop TV broadcast.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!