Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- As of now, there are no planned title changes at Extreme Rules.
- The new speculation is that WWE is trying to book Roman Reigns like a cool heel in the hopes fans would then cheer him like a babyface.
- The latest word, per the Observer, is that Daniel Bryan’s contract expires in September but WWE has him advertised for shows after that.
- Advertising seems to indicate that Samoa Joe could be next in line for a feud with WWE Champion AJ Styles come Hell in a Cell in September.
- Dave Meltzer noted on Wrestling Observer Radio that he expects WWE to protect Drew McIntyre. That could help explain the tag team with Dolph Ziggler and how that’s panning out.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!