Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The big television deals WWE landed for Raw and SmackDown have potential competitors Impact, ROH, New Japan and MLW hoping to land a big contract themselves. On a recent Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer speculated that if one of those companies got their own lucrative deal they’d become the first big competitor WWE’s had in years.
- WrestleVotes says they’ve heard the Seth Rollins/Dolph Ziggler match at SummerSlam will not end up being one-on-one.
- The Observer Newsletter also expects a Shinsuke Nakamura, Randy Orton, Jeff Hardy Triple Threat to be added to the Brooklyn card, possibly as soon as tonight.
- Flip Gordon has re-signed with Ring of Honor for two years, according to PW Insider.
- That site also says Abyss has re-upped with Impact. The company previously announced a “long-term deal” with Rich Swann.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!